Wednesday 1 June 2016

10 Things I Probably Shouldn't Have Done In The Past Week (but did)

1. I put the heating on so that I could eat ice cream, because otherwise it would have been too cold.  

2. I bought a 3 pack of my favourite chocolate covered ice cream lolly things (Magnums?) and ate them all in one (cold) day.  

3. I poured boiling water on a thistle instead of digging it out. In my defense it was over four feet tall at that point. However, it was a massive waste of electric and it killed everything in an 18 inch diameter *except* the damn thistle. Did I mention my front garden is full of thistles?  

4. I used wash-in-wash-out hair color on my hair and I didn't rinse until the water ran clear because I was worried all the color would come back out.  

5. In spite of #4, I forgot to a) rinse the shower tray of red hair color and b) use a dark colored towel, resulting in my favourite bunny embroidered baby-towel now being stained because (and I quote) 'my head needed a snuggle.' I really hope it's only stained for up to 3 washes (the duration which the packet said my hair would be colored for).  

6. I found out chopsticks don't go in the dishwasher - they fall down and make the blade get stuck. This makes a racket and means lots of faffing to sort it out without taking everything out again.  

7. I accidentally let one of the rabbits get into the kitchen (I totally saw her and didn't chase her out) and she promptly crawled into that space behind the dishwasher. When I got her out, I had to give her an impromptu bath in the sink.  

8. I ran out of petrol. Twice. Once whilst driving my Husband to work and once whilst driving him to an important job interview.  

9. I went overdrawn. Because I thought I had more money than I did, and thought I had leeway to buy Polly Pockets. I did not. The Polly Pockets are, however, delightful although some of them need a *lot* of cleaning.  

10. I managed to lose our rubbish bin by forgetting it was outside. Luckily my Husband managed to find it again - one of the neighbors had hidden it on their driveway but I spray painted our house number on it in bright pink paint after the last time they did that, so he was able to prove it was ours really easily. He wouldn't've had to if I'd brought it in after the rubbish was collected.  

I got spanked for none of these things, but I did get spanked yesterday for having a tantrum on Monday. The worst part was having to ask, which I hate the absolute most. He draws the line at tantrums. I suspect the tantrum was to do with being told I could wait a week before getting more of my favorite ice cream because I ate the whole pack in one day. Given all the other stuff, I can't say I was surprised, but I definitely felt better again afterwards.   So there you have it, my first post, and proof that you don't have to be a professor to be absent-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment